Associate Research Physicist
Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory (PPPL)
Plasma Modeling, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Turbulence Modeling, Heat and Mass Transfer, Multiphase Flows.
Education, Research and Professional Experience
Awards and Grants
- Russian Federal Physics Olympiad among school students 2nd degree diploma (top 10%). 2002, 2003 (grade 10, 11). Was on selection camp for International Physics Olympiad.
- Saint-Petersburg Regional Physics Olympiad among students, 1st place, 2005.
- Gold medal of the Saint-Petersburg State Polytechnic University for academic performance, 2009.
- St-Petersburg government grant for Ph.D. students. 2010.
- A. Khrabry, E. Smirnov, D. Zaytsev, V. Goryachev, "Numerical Study of 2D and 3D Separation Phenomena in theDam-Break Flow Interacting with a Triangular Obstacle", Period Polytech Mech 60, 159-166 (2016).
- E. Smirnov, A. Khrabry, D. Zaytsev, "CFD-based visualization of single-wave flow interacting with a triangular obstacle", Visualization of Mechanical Processes: An International Online Journal 3, (2013) .
- A. Khrabry, E. Smirnov, D. Zaytsev, V. Goryachev, "Numerical study of separation phenomena in the dam-break flow interacting with a triangular obstacle", Proc. 16th Int. Conf. on Fluid Flow Tech. (CMFF’15), Budapest, Hungary (2015)
- A. Khrabry, E. Smirnov, D. Zaytsev, “Numerical Study of wall friction effects on dam-break flows in the presence of an obstacle”, Proc. 6th European Conference on Computational Fluid Dynamics (ECFD VI), Barcelona, Spain (2014)
- A. Khrabry, E. Smirnov, D. Zaytsev, “Free surface flow computations using the M CICSAM scheme added with a sharpening procedure”, Proc. 6th European Congresss on Computational Methods in Applied Sciences and Engineering (ECCOMAS 2012), Vienna, Austria (2012)
- A. Khrabry, E. Smirnov, D. Zaytsev, “Solving the Convective Transport Equation with Several High-Resolution Finite Volume Schemes: Test Computations”, Computational Fluid Dynamics 2010, 535-540 (2011).