Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory (PPPL)
Research InterestPlasma Modelling, Magnetohydrodynamics, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Turbulence Modelling, Heat and Mass Transfer
Research and Professional Experience
- 2010-present, Engineering Analyst, Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory
- 2005-2009, Principal Engineer, Draeger Medical Systems Inc., Telford, Pennsylvania
- 1997-2005, Research and Development Engineer, Advanced Bionics Inc., Hopkins, Minnesota
- 1994-1997, Research Associate, Vrije Universitait van Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
- 1991-1994, Associate Professor, St. Petersburg Technical University, St. Petersburg, Russia
Honors and Awards
- Research in Brussels Grant (1994).
- Fellowship of Belgian Office for Scientific Technical and Cultural Affairs (1995).
- Four Patents Granted Five Applications pending in US and European Patent Offices
- A. Khodak, G. Loesser, Y. Zhai, V. Udintsev, J. Klabacha, W. Wang, D. Johnson, R. Feder, “Numerical Analysis of Coolant Flow and Heat Transfer in ITER Diagnostic First Wall”, Fusion Sci. Technol., 68 (2015)
- A. Khodak, P. Titus, I. Zatz, A. Nagy, J. Winkelman, R. Nazikian and T. Scoville, “DIII-D Neutral Beam Pole Shields Design Including Copper Plate with Removable Molybdenum Insert”, Fusion Sci. Technol., 68 (2015)
- A. Khodak, M.A. Jaworski, “Parametric study of a divertor cooling system for a liquid-metal plasma- facing component”, IEEE T. Plasma Sci. 42, 2161-2165 (2014).
- A. Khodak, N. Martovetsky, A. Smirnov, and P. Titus “Optimization of ITER Central Solenoid Insert design”, Fusion Eng. Des., 88, 1523-1527 (2013)
- M. Jaworski, A. Khodak, R. Kaita, “Liquid-metal plasma-facing component research on the National Spherical Torus Experiment”, Plasma Phys Contr. F. 55, (2013)
- A. Khodak, C. Hirsch "Second Order Non-Linear k-epsilon Models with Explicit Effect of Curvature and Rotation", Computational Fluid Dynamics 96, Proceedings of the 3rd ECCOMAS Computational Fluid Dynamics Conference, Paris, 7 (1996)
- A. Khodak, A. I. Kirillov, V. Ris, E. Smirnov, "Fully-Developed Buoyancy-Affected Flow and Heat Transfer in an Axiallly Rotating Annular Channel with Longitudinal Partitions", ASME paper 96-GT-258 8p
- A. Khodak, A. Kirillov, V. Ris, E. Smirnov, "Buoyancy Effects on Flow and Heat Transfer in an Axially Rotating Annular Channel with Longitudinal Partitions", Heat and Mass Transfer, Proceedings of the 2nd ISHMT-ASME Heat and Mass Transfer Conference, 583-588 (1995)
- A.E. Khodak, A. Kirillov, V. Ris, E. Smirnov, "Local Heat transfer in 3-d Turbulent Flow through Ducts Rotating in the Orthogonal Mode", Proceedings of the 10th International Heat Transfer Conference, Brighton 4, 261-266 (1994)
- A. Khodak, A. Kirillov, V. Ris, E. Smirnov, "Numerical Simulation of Secondary, Flows and Longitudinal Roll-Cell Structures in Rotating Channels", Computational Fluid Dynamics, Proceedings of the 1st ECCOMAS Computational Fluid Dynamics Conference, Brussels 2, 597-604 (1992)