Assistant Professor of Physics
The College of New Jersey (TCNJ)
Website: Angie Capece
Dr. Capece is an experimental physicist specializing in the interactions that occur at the plasma-materials interface. Her research interests are in surface physics, hollow cathodes, secondary electron emission from liquid and solid surfaces, the transport of reactive species in plasma discharges, and plasma-liquid interactions for nanomaterials synthesis.
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Lehigh University, 2005
- M.S., Aerospace Engineering, California Institute of Technology, 2007
- Ph.D., Aeronautics, California Institute of Technology, 2012
- Associate Research Physicist, Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory, 2012-2015
- Capece, A.M., Patino, M.I., Raitses, Y., and Koel, B.E., "Secondary Electron Emission from Lithium and Lithium Compounds", Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 109, p. 011605 (2016).
- Polk, J.E., Mikellides, I.G., Capece, A.M., and Katz, I., "Barium Depletion in Hollow Cathode Emitters", Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 119, p. 023303 (2016).
- Hart, C.A., Skinner, C.H., Capece, A.M., and Koel, B.E., "Sorption of Atmospheric Gases by Bulk Lithium Metal," Journal of Nuclear Materials, Vol. 468, p. 71 (2016).
- Skinner, C.H., Capece, A.M., Roszell, J.P., and Koel, B.E., “Spreading of Lithium on a Stainless Steel Surface at Room Temperature,” Journal of Nuclear Materials, Vol. 468, p. 26 (2016).
- Capece, A.M., Polk, J.E., and Shepherd, J.E., “Decoupling the Thermal and Plasma Effects on the Operation of a Xenon Hollow Cathode with Oxygen Poisoning Gas,” IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, Vol. 43, No. 9, p. 3249 (2015).
- Polk, J.E. and Capece, A.M., “Materials Characterization of Impregnated W and W-Ir Cathodes after Oxygen Poisoning,” Applied Surface Science, Vol. 338, p. 27 (2015).
- Capece, A.M., Roszell, J.P., Skinner, C.H., and Koel, B.E., “Effects of Temperature and Surface Contamination on D Retention in Li Films on TZM,” Journal of Nuclear Materials, Vol. 463, p. 1177 (2015).
- Capece, A.M., Polk, J.E., and Shepherd, J.E., “X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy Study of BaWO4 and Ba2CaWO6,” Journal of Electron Spectroscopy and Related Phenomena, Vol. 197, p. 102 (2014).
- Capece, A.M., Polk, J.E., Mikellides, I.G., and Shepherd, J.E., “Oxygen Transport in the Internal Xenon Plasma of a Dispenser Hollow Cathode,” Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 115, No. 15, p. 153302 (2014).
- Polk, J.E., Mikellides, I.G., Katz, I., and Capece, A.M., “Tungsten and Barium Transport in the Internal Plasma of Hollow Cathodes,” Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 105, No. 11, p. 113301 (2009).